So I am a little embarrassed because I didn't post last week and I said I would post once a week. I do however have a very good reason. We moved to our actual apartment and it was a very busy week. Up till now we were put in a temporary apartment that was designed to be wheelchair accessible. It was a good place but all the closets had the rods at about chest level or lower and the bathroom looked like a convenient store bathroom with no shelves whatsoever which made us truly live out of boxes in that room. I am so glad to be in a real place with things at a normal height and there is way more closet space. This is the first place I have lived in a really long time that I have only needed one closet for my clothes. If you were wondering yes I have way too many clothes and I do give the ones I don't like anymore or the few pants that don't fit to DI but I am still left with more than a closet full of clothes. When I moved from Orem I gave away 3 garbage bags full in hopes of helping the situation and I have not bought any more clothes I guess I just have that many things to start with.
I am grateful to have family around when moving time comes around. We have moved three times since we got married and my dad has helped two of the times and brother-in-laws have helped so this time we thought we would let Rich's family give us a hand. What lucky people they are. So his Dad and Mom and two of his brothers came Monday night and they got all the big stuff moved so that helped a ton. It will always amaze me how many items we have when we move I think there is just us two and we don't buy much so moving will be a piece of cake. Every time I am wrong when all the "things" need to be moved. I can't imagine moving a whole house and I really don't want to have to find out what kind of ordeal that entails. We will cross that bridge when we get there till then I am going to be happy to stay in one place for the year.
Another thing we have been dealing with lately has been different fraud schemes. I am not sure why but in the past two weeks there have been four different types of fraud been thrown at us. We have not fallen for any but it has kept us on our toes. The first was while trying to sell a ring on ksl and a person wanted me to send it to him and give postage to someone else. I told him this was a local only sale. The second one we got a letter in the mail saying that Rich had been accepted for a job and this "job" was for a secret shopper the first assignment was to cash the enclosed check for about 4 grand and then send through money order most of it and keep $500 for training fees. Trouble with this is Rich never applied for a job and if you send cash and the check doesn't clear which it never would then you are out the $4000 dollars and you will never see it again. The next one Rich did get his credit card number stolen by someone out of the country and drained his account. I am sure that it was quite the let down for the theif to find out how little was actually in the account. His bank has been good working with us and getting us the money back. The last one I got a text friday night from my "bank" well someone saying it was my bank and that my card had been suspended and to call a number urgent to activate it. I really wanted to call the number and give them that card of "1111 do you really think I am that stupid" but sadly I am sure some people are stupid enough to call a random number and give their card information over the phone. Moral of the story be on your toes and don't do anything that seems the least bit suspicious. It was mildly sad to write VOID on the check for almost $4000 but it would have been heartbreaking if we didn't question it and lost that much money.
On a happier note I read the most amazing book and I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone it is really short and took about an hour to read. It is called The Majesty of Calmness by William Geoge Jordan. It is a book about life and how by changing small things in your thinking you can live a more calm peaceful life and have the knowledge that you can achieve great things. If you have some time read it and you can get it free on google. Please read it, this book has been one of the best most enlightening books I have had the chance to read.
Till next time take care.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So have you wondered if some how all the fraud stuff is connected? That is A LOT of fraud to happen especially in the short time of one week.
ReplyDeleteI hope your new landlords aren't selling your info to the wrong people!
I am guessing you have already done it, but if you need the # for fraud alert on your ss #, text me and I will give it to you
I know all about the moving stuff:(