I have been watching the show Homeland Security USA on ABC and it has got me thinking how proud I am of my brother. For those of you who do not know him let me give you some background. My brother is 3 years older than I am and was the best big brother around. He would never let anyone hurt me or my sisters and would stand up for us at any cost. That does not mean that he didn't do his own share of teasing or the occasional smack down but nobody else could touch us. For as long as I can remember he was going to be in some type of law enforcement. I can't even tell you how many times he would arrest us girls and put us in "jail" usually the laundry shoot closet. He would leave us in there and bring us bread and water and then try to tickle torture information from us. He may have just been a very smart baby sitter because we were contained and he didn't want to actually have to watch us too close but he is the only one who would know that. He would talk about being a police officer or and FBI agent or CIA and stuff like that. It wasn't just the normal when I grow up type stuff he was serious. While in high school he joined the national guard and with that went to Afghanistan after 9/11. He went on from there to finish schooling in criminal justice. He also speaks Spanish and with that background he was perfect for that Boarder Patrol. He was a boarder patrol officer for several years and has some really good stories. My favorite is the one that he caught a bunch of illegal aliens and one of them left the cell phone in the trees. It started to ring and my brother answered the phone he got the people waiting to transport the illegals to come to the spot and they caught them as well. He would have to tell the whole story but at one point a person on the other end of the line asked who my brother was and he replied "Your worst nightmare" Yeah my Bro is a badass. If I messed up the story I apologize I wasn't there when it happened and it was told to me by my parents. My bro also has a family and is a wonderful dad and husband. His little girl who is one of my favorite people in the world said when her dad went to work he played with his friends and pretends to get bad guys, the bad guys are illegal aliens, so cute. Now he is working with Immigration and Custom Enforcement again serving our nation to be a more safe place. As you can see I have a lot to be proud of him about. He is doing what he always said he would do and from what I hear he is doing a dang good job of it. I am really glad there is a reality show on now that will give some people an idea of just how hard people work to keep us safe. I love you Bro and you are one of my heroes.
In case you are wondering I did leave his name off on purpose. But if you do know me you know who he is.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a good and loving sis you are. I love the story about locking you up in jail. That is to funny.
ReplyDeleteSo does he have any stories about the Mythical Creature that lives down by the boarder? I forgot the name of the creature, but I watched a show on it once.
Do you think the bad guys think "jail" is a much fun as you girls did? Every sister needs a big brother who loves and protected his sisters as he did. Fun story, I am glad you girls have great memories of your childhood.
ReplyDeleteLove Mom