Ok Ok I am horrible with keeping updated. I will make no promises as to when the next update will come either. You will just have to be surprised.
We have had some super big changes to our lives and so far they have been good ones. Back in September Rich decided that he was going to join the National Guard. This came after many many times of him saying he wanted to join, me saying that I didn't want him to but I would be proud if he did. One day as he was not working and I was heading to work he said "I think I will go talk to a recruiter today" I said "Fine do what you want to honey. Have a nice day." I didn't even really think about what he has said till he called at 11:00ish and said that he was ready to sign up and that we were going back in to talk to him at 3:00 so he could answer any of my questions. I at that point still was not taking him serious. I came home and sure enough we went up and talked to the recruiter. I still at this point was not sure if he was really going to do it because like most people Rich thinks something would be super cool to do for about 4 days and then forgets that it was even a though. Well This thought did not go away. He had been wanting to join since he was really young and didn't think his Mom would be to happy if he joined (she is proud but worries now). Before he married me the people in his life were not super supportive of his dream (I say people but I mean his ex wife). I have a lot of family that have served and therefore I really think the military is great and horrible all at the same time. I love this country and I love that people will serve. I just hate that it happens to be the people I love that are doing the serving. My Grandfather was in the Navy, My Dad was part of the State guard (small scale that has since been disbanded), my brother was National Guard, Brother-in-law is Army reserve and my favorite male cousin is in the Army Reserve currently deployed. With this much military running through my veins I can't help but see all the good that has come from these men and how their sacrifice of time has improved their lives. I tried to talk Rich out of joining but I really have nothing bad to say about it and I could tell that he really wanted to do it. He got all the paperwork in order and that took a longtime and then he signed up.
He shipped to Boot camp in Fort Jackson South Carolina on November 4th and I of course cried my eyes out. My wonderful parents know me well and know that I would need all the hugs and support I could get with my husband being gone so they let me move back in with them. You would think they would have been sick of me before that, but they are angels. I really did need their support along with all the other amazing people that are in my life. Everyone at work was wonderful and I really had a second family there. Rich was able to come home for Christmas Exodus where the base is closed for a little over two weeks and it was great to have him back for that time. My brother and his family came into town at the same time so Rich and I stayed at his parents house while my parents played with the grand kids.
He graduated from Boot Camp on Feb 5th and just a few days before that he found out his orders were different than what they told him and he would be going to California right after Basic Training and that I could go with him. I was able to go out to graduation with his parents and we all had a wonderful time. It was so fun to have that one on one time with his parents and to get to know them away from just the family dinners we have. It was awesome to see Rich in his uniform and around the military. It made this whole experience more real for me to see the places he was trained.
When his orders changes my plans changed as well. I was taking a class at UVU that I had to drop and I had just gotten very into KickBoxing at a gym I had joined and I was sad to leave those. I had to resign from the job of my dreams and leave all my friends from there which was not fun cause they are some very awesome people. I had been having girls nights once a week for a really long time and now I can't go to those anymore I will miss all my girls. And of course saying see you later to my family almost broke my heart. I hate saying goodbye to people that I love. My BFF Tiffany who is wonderful and smart and pretty and funny and super and and and, was willing to drive the 13 hours with me to Seaside California where Rich is living so that Rich and I can be together again. I don't know how I would have made it without Tiff. Of course I would have drug my Mom or Dad out with me if she didn't come and I know they would have come. It was fun to have Tiff here for a few days we went to Big Sur and hiked around it is the most beautiful place I have ever seen with my own eyes.
I LOVE it here. It is so pretty and we are really close to the beach. You can't see it out the door but about a minute walk up a hill and you can see the waves crashing and you can smell the ocean everywhere. It is going to be really hard to leave Paradise. And the very best part is that I only have to say goodbye to Rich in the morning and he comes back at night looking all sorts of wonderful in his uniform. I love being married to Rich he is my best friend and the most amazing man in the world.
So in a short nutshell that is what is happening now. Hope to update you soon but don't hold your breath.
Loves
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I want to see pics!
ReplyDeleteLove ya sweetie! It was fun to have you around again. Can't wait to hear about & see pictures of your extended vacation. I am so glad you are happy and once again together with Rich. We love him also. Mom
ReplyDeleteI miss you so much. Only a month and a bit and I will be there for almost a whole month! Woohoo!
ReplyDelete