I am working from a different computer so pictures will have to come later but I had some time so I thought I would update. We finally got a kitchen table and we love it! Thanks to my cousin for having a garage sell and giving me dibs on it before anyone else. It is really pretty and I do have a picture I just can't load them. So now if I get around to it and have people over for dinner there will be a place for them to sit. I did have our neighbors over for dinner already so I guess I am ahead of schedule.
Other happenings my Mom and Sister went to a bread making class and a couple weeks later they taught my other sister and friend Tiff and I how to make the bread it is so yummy and really cheap to make so Rich is pretty excited about that. He thinks if I start making home made bread he will get fat cause he will eat so much.
Over Memorial day weekend my family went out to Camp Floyd in Fairfield they were having a civil war reenactment of sorts and it was really fun to hear the stories and to see the old school house. That Camp was at the time the largest base and housed the largest amount of soldiers 1/3 of all the troops. I read on the internet when the camp was disbanded the town went from having thousands of people to just 18 families. It is still a very small town. It was a theory at the time that it was the idea of southern sympathizers to drain the federal government of money. We all had a lot of fun out there.
Also over memorial Day weekend we went and saw Angels and Demons the movie. I HATED the show so much. I wanted to walk out about 20 minutes into it and should have. The reason is because it was not anything like the book they changed SO much that I hated it. If you never read the book then I am sure that it would be an ok show. I just was so bugged that they took the plot and then changed all the good parts and then made a movie. I was really bugged by it and started laughing at the ridiculous parts much to Rich's dismay. I was very vocal about thinking the movie was crap and I hope to save anyone who loved the book or recently read it and would still remember how the book went don't watch it is was not worth the money or time when the images in your head were so much better while reading it. I could go on for awhile on this one but really as far as books into movie this one makes all the Harry Potters movies seem like they follow the book to a T, as we all know they do not.
Anyway I will post pictures soon of our table and the fun trip to camp Floyd.
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I guess that is the advantage I have over you since you know I don't read to much. :) You might want to change the first part that reads, "I am working form a different computer. to from.
ReplyDeleteI haven't looked at the pictures I took. I don't think I have to many.
I did hear that Star Trek was good. That might be a good one for you since I don't think you have read it.
Love ya, Mom
Thanks for the heads up on Angels and Demons, I will probably still see it, but this way I know to expect a movie that is nothing like a book and hopefully will still like it :)
ReplyDeleteAhhh. I started laughing out loud when I saw where you had written that you saw "Angels and Demons". I knew it would get good after that. Sorry you hated it. I will do a one woman act and reenact the book for you in the right way, so you can appreciate a movie version of it, albeit it will be my movie version of it.
ReplyDeleteAnd I will vouch for anyone that thinks Summer is a liar; her new table really is cute :)
I didn't really like The Da Vinci Code so that already made me biased against Angels and Demons. Plus, Tom Hanks, though a "cool" actor, isn't hot. I've decided to demand all male leads to be hot. There ya go. Also, I would love to get your delicious bread recipe. I am a lover of homemade bread--it is, in fact, in my top 3 favorite foods.
ReplyDelete